Planning and Zoning
2010 Zoning Regulations (download PDF)
2010 Subdivision Regulations (download PDF)
This Zoning Ordinance is adopted to preserve, protect and promote the public health, safety, peace, comfort, convenience, prosperity and general welfare. More specifically, this Zoning Ordinance is adopted in order to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide a precise plan for the physical development of the City of Aurora, Nebraska in such a manner as to achieve, progressively, the general arrangement of land uses depicted in the Comprehensive Plan of the City.
- To foster a harmonious, convenient, workable relationship among local land uses and a wholesome, serviceable, and attractive living environment.
- To promote the stability of existing land uses which conform with the objectives and policies of the City’s Comprehensive Plan and to protect them from inharmonious influences and harmful intrusions.
- To ensure that public and private lands ultimately are used for the purposes which are most appropriate and most beneficial from the standpoint of the City and its citizens.
- To promote beneficial redevelopment of those areas which exhibit conflicting patterns of use.
- To prevent excessive population densities and overcrowding of the land with structures.
- To promote a safe, efficient, and effective traffic circulation system.
- To protect and promote appropriately located agricultural, commercial and industrial pursuits in order to preserve and strengthen the economic base of the City.
- To protect and enhance real property values.
- To facilitate the appropriate location of public facilities and institutions.
- To conserve the natural and historic assets of the City and to capitalize on the economic and quality of life opportunities offered by its terrain, soils, vegetation and waterways.
Floodplain Management Applications
- Floodplain Development Permit Application (download PDF)
In his position as Zoning Administrator, Adam is responsible for issuing zoning permits, occupancy permits and other permits required for proper enforcement of the zoning ordinance; providing interpretation of the zoning ordinance and official zoning map when requested; maintaining permanent and current records related to the zoning ordinance. In his position as Floodplain Manager, Adam is responsible for understanding regulations, ensuring permits are applied for, processing applications, ensuring projects are built accordingly, keeping records, maintaining and updating flood data and maps.