Where the Possibilities are Endless


How do I sign-up for utility services?
Please see the Utilities information section of our website.
When is a Zoning Application required?
Any person intending to build a new structure, add to existing structures or make any structural changes to the outside perimeter of existing buildings within the zoning limits of the city, regardless of cost, shall obtain, before commencing work in connection therewith, a zoning permit as provided for herein. Where the intention is to otherwise repair or maintain an existing building or structure at a cost in excess of $1,500 excluding labor costs, a zoning application shall also be obtained before commencing work in connection therewith. No person shall erect, construct, enlarge or improve any building or structure or cause the same to be done within an area of Special Flood Hazard (Zone A) without first obtaining a separate floodplain development permit for each building or structure, including the placement of a mobile home.
What is the Hardness of our water?
The average hardness of water within the six city wells is 22.6 grains/gal or 386.87 milligrams/liter. Hard water is not a health risk but can be a nuisance. It can cause build up which can lead to appliance breakdown and poor soap/detergent performance.
0-6 grains/gallon or 0-102.71 milligrams/liter is considered soft water
7-17 grains/gallon or 119.83-291 milligrams/liter is considered moderately hard
18 grains/gallon or greater or 308.13 milligrams/liter or greater is considered very hard
What are the City Waste Site Hours?
SUMMER HOURS: Wednesday 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. – 12 noon, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.

WINTER HOURS: Wednesday 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. – 12 noon, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.

Please see the Waste Site information section of our website for further information.

What do I do with my household hazardous waste?
The Grand Island Clean Community System is pleased to announce that its household hazardous waste facility is now open weekdays. Open to Aurora and rural Hamilton County residents, the household hazardous waste facility operates all weekdays from 11 am to 5 pm. Learn more about what you can drop off at the hazardous waste facility by clicking here.
How do I sign-up for telephone service, TV and the internet?

Please see the Utilities information section of our website.

Where do I go to license my dog?
Please contact

  • City of Aurora Police Department at (402) 694-5815, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to noon, or
  • Sullivan Companion Animal Clinic, (402) 694-4500 located at 1512 1st Street during normal business hours or
  • Aurora Veterinary Clinic at (402) 694-2134 located at 1704 Q Street during normal business hours.
How do I get to the campgrounds and what are the costs?
Please see the Parks and Recreation information section of our website. More information on the Streeter Park campgrounds can be found here.


Comments are closed.